TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DETERMINANTS OF THE TIMING OF SOCIAL POLICY ADOPTION - Chulsoo Kim
- INCARNATING HEAVEN: MAKING THE HOSPICE PHILOSOPHY MEAN BUSINESS - Mark A. Mesler and Pamela J. Miller
- THE EFFECTS OF RACE AND MARITAL STATUS ON CHILD SUPPORT AND WORK EFFORT - Richard K. Caputo
- SYMPOSIUM ON WELFARE RECONCEPTUALIZING WOMEN'S WORK: A FOCUS ON THE DOMESTIC AND ELIGIBILITY WORK OF WOMEN ON WELFARE - Alice Abel Kemp, Pam Jenkins, and Molly Biehl
- REAL WELFARE REFORM REQUIRES JOBS: LESSONS FROM A PROGRESSIVE WELFARE AGENCY - Robert J. Sheak and Warren Haydon
- WELFARE TO WORK: WHAT ARE THE OBSTACLES? - Maureen 0. Marcenko and Jay Fagan
- REASONABLE EFFORTS, UNREASONABLE EFFECTS: A RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF THE 'REASONABLE EFFORTS' CLAUSE IN THE ADOPTION ASSISTANCE AND CHILD WELFARE ACT OF 1980 - Wendy Whiting Blome
- RESISUALISM AND RURAL AMERICA: A DECADE LATER - Steve Jacob, Fern K. Willits, and Leif Jensen
- COHERENCY AMONG SUBSTANCE ABUSE MODELS - Steve Kauffman and John Poulin
- The Youth Gang Problem: A Community Approach. Irving A. Spergel. Reviewed by James Callicut, University of Texas, Arlington.
- Native American Postcolonial Psychology. Eduardo Duran and Bonnie Duran. Reviewed by Dana Wilson Klar, Washington University.
- The Civil Rights of Homeless People: Law, Social Policy and Social Work Practice. Madeleine R. Stoner. Reviewed by Larry W. Kreuger, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Young Men in the Street: Help Seeking Behaviour of Young Male Prostitutes. Cudore L. Snell.
- and Aids in Post-communist Russia and its Successor States.
- Christopher Williams. Both books reviewed by Ronald J. Mancoske, Southern University at New Orleans.
- Supportive Interviewing in Human Service Organizations: Fundamental Skills for Gathering Information and Encouraging Productive Change. Kenneth France and Michelle Kish. Reviewed by Nazneen Mayadas, University of Texas, Arlington.
- Social Development: The Development Perspective in Social Welfare. James Midgley. Reviewed by Martin B. Tracy, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- The Handbook of Children's Rights: Comparative Policy and Practice. Bob Franklin (ed). Reviewed by Joseph Wronka, Springfield College.
- Tactics and Techniques of Community Intervention. (Third Edition). John E. Tropman, John L. Erlich and Jack Rothman (Eds.).
- Strategies of Community Intervention. (Fifth Edition). Jack Rothman, John L. Erlich and John E. Tropman (Eds.).
- The Legal Environment of Social Work. Leila 0. Schroeder.
- British Social Welfare: Past Present and Future. David Gladstone (Ed.).
- International Handbook on Social Work Education. Thomas D. Watts, Doreen Elliott and Nazneen Mayadas (Ed.).
- Understanding Disability: From Theory to Practice. Michael Oliver.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 23, No. 3 (September 1996),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 23
, Article 1.
Available at: http://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol23/iss3/1