Dr. Elise DeDoncker
• Motif finding is a significant problem in biology and computer science fields.
• Search for similar (not exact) motifs in multiple DNA sequences is non -trivial, and is a time trivial, and is a time -consuming problem.
• IDEA: design an algorithm that reduces the search space to decrease the run -time based on a d-neighbors set analysis.
• The d -neighbors set is a list of all instances for subsequence x of length I with maximum allowed mutations ≤ d.
• Analyzing these sets to make use of the distance frequencies between neighbors without generating them would help to build the proposed algorithm and make it faster.
WMU ScholarWorks Citation
Al-Shaikhli, Hasnaa Imad, "An Appromximation Algorithm for Motif Finding in DNA Sequences" (2017). Research and Creative Activities Poster Day. 227.