TABLE OF CONTENTS
- EDITORIAL: THE FIRST TWENTY YEARS - Robert D. Leighninger, Jr.
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN MALES IN PRISON: ARE THEY DOING TIME OR IS THE TIME DOING THEM? - Anthony E. O. King, Ph.D.
- THE OBSERVER AS AN INSTRUMENT IN QUALITATIVE COMMUNITY STUDIES: A THIRD WORLD PERSPECTIVE - Pranab Chatterjee
- THE EMPLOYED HOMELESS: A CRISIS IN PUBLIC POLICY - Frederick A. DiBlasio, Ph.D., John R. Belcher, Ph.D., Kathleen A. Connors, Ph.D.
- JUVENILE DELINQUENCY AND THE TRANSITION TO MONOPOLY CAPITALISM - Kevin I. Minor
- THE POLITICAL ACTIVITY OF SOCIAL WORKERS: A POST-REAGAN UPDATE - Mark Ezell, Ph.D.
- THE DUAL FACE OF EMPOWERMENT: A MODEL FOR COOPERATIVE RESOURCE BUILDING - Eric C. Albers, Ph.D., Nancy Paolini, MSW
- NEIGHBORHOOD-BASED INITIATIVE TO ADDRESS POVERTY: LESSONS FROM EXPERIENCE - Robert Halpern
- ACCESS TO PRENATAL CARE AND COUNTY SIZE: IMPLICATIONS FOR SERVICE DELIVERY - Ellen E. Whipple
- RESOURCE FOR FRIENDSHIP INTERVENTION - Rebecca G. Adams, Rosemary Blieszner
- Encyclopedia of Sociology. Edgar F. Borgatta and Marie L. Borgatta (Ed). Reviewed by James Midgley, Louisiana State University
- Constructing a Social Science for a Postwar America: The Cybernetics Group, 1946-1954. Steve Jashua Heims. Reviewed by William E. Buffum,University of Houston
- Researching Social Life. Nigel Gilbert (Ed); Approaches to Social Research. Royce A. Singleton, Jr., Bruce C. Straits and Margaret Miller Straits. Reviewed by John G. Orme, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- The Underclass Question. Bill E. Lawson. Reviewed by Paula L. Dressel, Georgia State University Population Estimation. Raymondo. Reviewed by Michael D. Irwin, Louisiana State University
- Nationalism: Five Roads to Modernity. Liah Greenfeld. Reviewed by Frederick D. Weil, Louisiana State University
- Pure and Applied Sociological Theory: Problems and Issues. Calvin J. Larson.
- Postmodernization: Change in Advanced Society. Stephen Crook, Jan Pakulski and Malcolm Waters.
- Introduction to Macrosociology. James W. Russell
- The Renascence of Sociological Theory. Henry Etzkowitz and Ronald M. Glassman
- Erving Goffman and Modern Sociology. Philip Manning
- Pragmatism and Social Theory. Hans Joas
ERRATUM: Edward R. Canda reviewed the book, The Moral Purposes of Social Work in the June, 1993 Issue. His name was misspelled and we regret the error.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 20, No. 4 (December 1993),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 20:
4, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol20/iss4/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.