TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INTRODUCTION - James Midgley
- MARKET MECHANISMS AND CONSUMER INVOLVEMENT IN THE DELIVERY OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES: A UK - US COMPARISON - Wes Shera
- THE IMPACT OF MARKET ECONOMY TRANSITION ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND SOCIAL WELFARE: THE CASE OF POLAND - Morgan Tracy and Martin B. Tracy
- THE MARGINALIZATION OF SOCIAL WELFARE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: A STUDY OF FOUR THEORIES OF SOCIAL POLICY DEVELOPMENT - K. L. Tang
- TOWARDS A DEVELOPMENTAL MODEL OF SOCIAL POLICY: RELEVANCE OF THE THIRD WORLD EXPERIENCE - James Midgley
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT: NECESSARY PARTNERS FOR THE FUTURE IN THE REALITY OF THE NEW GLOBAL ECONOMY - Joyce Kramer and Claude Johnson
- DEFORESTATION AND RURAL POVERTY: THE ROLE OF SOCIAL WORKERS IN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Shanta Pandey
- EQUALITY AND FAMILY POLICY: TOWARD A FEMINIST THEORY OF THE STATE - Patricia Spakes
- THE WORK-FAMILY NEEDS OF SINGLE PARENTS: A COMPARISON OF RECENT AMERICAN AND SCANDINAVIAN, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE RESPONSES TO SINGLE PARENTS IN THE LABOR FORCE - Lena Lundgren-Gaveras
- A TALE OF TWO HANNAS: OBSERVATIONS ON ISRAELI AND PALESTINIAN WOMEN'S RESISTANCE TO OCCUPATION (1991-1995) - Christina Pratt
- REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT IN THE UNITED STATES: IMPLICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL WELFARE - Miriam Potocky
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND INTEGRATED SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT: INTERNATIONAL ISSUES AND POSSIBILITIES FOR SOCIAL WORK - Maria Julia and Dr. James O. Billups
- Comparing Welfare States: Britain in International Context. Allan Cochrane and John Clark. Reviewed by Kwong Leung Tang, University of Northern British Columbia.
- The Politics of Care: Human Services at the Local Level. Alan J. Hahn. Reviewed by Ram A. Cnaan, University of Pennsylvania.
- Divided Against Itself. A Study of Integration in A Welfare Bureaucracy. Bj6rn Hvinden. Reviewed by Sven E. Olsson Hort, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Tragedies of Our Own Making: How Private Choices Have Created Public Bankruptcy. Richard Neely. Reviewed by W. Joseph Heffernan, University of Texas, Austin.
- Old and Homeless: Double Jeopardy. Dianne Wiatt Rich, Thomas A. Rich and Larry C. Mullins (Eds.). Reviewed by Martin B. Tracy, Southern Illinois University.
- Whither Socialism? Joseph E. Stiglitz. Reviewed by Michael Reisch, University of Pennsylvania.
- New Approaches to Welfare Theory. Glenn Drover and Patrick Kerans (Eds.).
- Poverty and the Underclass: Changing Perceptions of the Poor in America. William A. Kelso.
- Partners in Public Services: Government-Nonprofit Relations in the Modern Welfare State. Lester M. Salamon.
- Social Welfare: Structure and Practice. David Macarov.
- The Careless Society: Community and its Counterfeits. John McKnight.
- Actively Seeking Work: The Politics of Unemployment and Welfare Policy in the United States and Great Britain. Desmond King.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 23, No. 1 (March 1996),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 23
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol23/iss1/1