TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CONTESTED WORKPLACE: THE CASE OF THE STRIKE OF THE UNITED FOOD AND COMMERCIAL WORKERS UNION VERSUS MEIJER - Barbara Thomas Coventry and Marietta Morrissey
- EXPOSING AND REFRAMING WELFARE DEPENDENCY - Elizabeth Bartle
- THE FORGOTTEN MANY: A STUDY OF POOR URBAN WHITES - Reba L. Chaisson
- ATTITUDINAL PREDICTORS OF PREFERRED POLICY OPTIONS: CONTRASTING AFDC WITH WORK PROGRAMS - Jill Littrell and Sahna Diwan
- POOR CHILDREN "KNOW THEIR PLACE:" PERCEPTIONS OF POVERTY, CLASS, AND PUBLIC MESSAGES - Susan Weinger
- RETHINKING SELECTIVISM AND SELECTIVITY BY MEANS TEST - Chack-kie Wong
- ESTIMATING HOMELESS POPULATIONS THROUGH STRUCTURAL EQUATION MODELING - Christopher G. Hudson
- WOMEN "READING THE WORLD:" CHALLENGING WELFARE REFORM IN WISCONSIN - Kristine B. Miranne and Alma H. Young
- Adoption, Identity and Kinship: The Debate over Sealed Birth Records. Katarina Wegar. Reviewed by Terri Combs-Orme, University of Tennessee.
- Children in the Urban Environment: Linking Social Policy and Clinical Practice. Norma K. Phillips and Shulamith L. A. Straussner. Reviewed by Dorinda Noble, Louisiana State University.
- Alternatives to Social Security: An International Inquiry. James Midgley and Michael Sherraden. Reviewed by Eric Kingson, Boston College.
- Who will Care for Us: Aging and Long Term Care in Multicultural America. Ronald L. Angel and Jacqueline L. Angel. Reviewed by Martin Tracy, University of Southern Illinois.
- The Impact of Managed Care on the Practice of Psychotherapy: Innovation, Implementation and Controversy. Richard M. Alperin and David G. Phillips. Reviewed by Steven Segal, University of California, Berkeley.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice Today. Ted R. Watkins and James W. Calicutt (Eds.).
- Careers in Social Work. Leon H. Ginsberg.
- Combating Child Abuse: International Perspectives and Trends. Neil Gilbert (Ed.).
- Escape from Poverty: What Makes a Difference for Children? P. Lindsay Chase-Lansdale and Jeanne Brooks-Gunn (Eds.).
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 25, No. 2 (June 1998),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 25:
2, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol25/iss2/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.