TABLE OF CONTENTS
- THE URBAN ECOLOGY OF HOSPITAL FAILURE: HOSPITAL CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO, 1970-1991 - Gunnar Alm gren & Miquel Ferguson
- THE SOCIAL PROCESS OF "PASSING" TO MANAGE STIGMA: ACTS OF INTERNALIZED OPPRESSION OR ACTS OF RESISTANCE? - Valli Kalei Kanuha
- CONTRIBUTIONS OF FOREIGN-BASED AUTHORS TO SELECTED SOCIAL WORK JOURNALS IN THE UNITED STATES - Muammer Cetingok
- USING PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED ACTORS IN SOCIAL WORK ROLE-PLAY SIMULATIONS - Helen E. Petracchi
- THE INCREASE IN INTERGENERATIONAL AFRICAN AMERICAN FAMILIES HEADED BY GRANDMOTHERS - Dorothy S. Ruiz & Iris Carlton-LaNey
- MELTING MULTICULTURALISM? LEGACIES OF ASSIMILATION PRESSURES IN HUMAN SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS - Darlene L. Pijia & Laura Canty-Swapp
- PROTECTION, PRIZES OR PATRONS? EXPLAINING THE ORIGINS AND MAINTENANCE OF HUMAN SERVICES INTEREST GROUPS - Richard Hoefer
- PERCEIVING OPPRESSION: RELATIONSHIPS WITH RESILIENCE, SELF-ESTEEM, DEPRESSIVE SYMPTOMS, AND RELIANCE ON GOD IN AFRICIAN-AMERICAN
- HOMELESS MEN - Jill Littrell & Elizabeth Beck
- LIFE AFTER FOSTER CARE: SERVICES AND POLICIES FOR FORMER FOSTER YOUTH - Madeleine R. Stoner
- Forming Nation: Framing Welfare. Gail Lewis (Ed.). Reviewed by Leslie Leighninger, Louisiana State
- Challenges for Work and Family in the Twenty-First Century. Dana Vannoy and Paula J. Dubeck (Eds.). Reviewed by Blanche Grosswald, University of California, Berkeley.
- Cultural Awareness in the Human Services: A Multi-Cultural Approach. James Green. Reviewed by Yuhwa Eva Lu, New York University.
- Shifting the Color Line: Race and the American Welfare State. Robert C. Lieberman. Reviewed by Jill Quadagno, Florida State University
- Disaster Hits Home: New Policy for Urban Housing Recovery. Mary C. Comerio. Reviewed by Calvin L. Streeter, The University of Texas, Austin.
- Rethinking Orphanages for the 21st Century. Richard B. McKenzie (Ed.).
- The Politics of Retirement in Britain, 1878-1948. John Macnicol.
- Reflections on Community Organizing: Enduring Themes and Critical Issues. Jack Rothman (Ed.).
- Social Policy and Social Work. David Denny.
- Dr. Yeung's name was misspelled in the Table of Contents and the Corresponding Authors page in the September, 1999 issue (Vol.26, No.3). The correct spelling is Agnes K.C. Yeung.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 26, No. 4 (December 1999),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 26:
4, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol26/iss4/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.