TABLE OF CONTENTS
- SPECIAL ISSUE ON GLOBALIZATION, SOCIAL JUSTICE & SOCIAL WELFARE
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIAL ISSUE - Frederick (Fritz) MacDonald and James Midgley, Special Editors
- PERSPECTIVES ON GLOBALIZATION, SOCIAL JUSTICE AND WELFARE - James Midgley
- GLOBALIZATION AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL USE IN RURAL COMMUNITIES IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY - Charles Fiki
- COLOR-BLIND INDIVIDUALISM, INTERCOUNTRY ADOPTION AND PUBLIC POLICY - Pamela Anne Quiroz
- THE CHALLENGE OF COMMUNITY WORK IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY - Howard Karger, Christian Iyiani and Pat Shannon
- GLOBALIZATION, IMMIGRATION AND THE WELFARE STATE: A CROSS-NATIONAL COMPARISON - Qingwen Xu
- GLOBALIZATION AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING - Loring Jones, David W. Engstrom, Tricia Hilliard and Mariel Diaz
- GLOBALIZATION AND SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION AND PRACTICE: EXPLORING AUSTRALIAN PRACTITIONERS' VIEWS - Marina Findlay and John McCormack 123
- TOWARD GLOBAL WELFARE STATE CONVERGENCE?: FAMILY POLICY AND HEALTH CARE IN SWEDEN, CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES - Gregg M. Olsen
- INTEGRATING GLOBALIZATION INTO THE SOCIAL WORK CURRICULUM - Karen Smith Rotabi, Denise Gammonley, Dorothy N. Gamble and Marie 0. Weil
- GLOBALIZATION, WELFARE REFORM AND THE SOCAL ECONOMY - Vanna Gonzales
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Stephen Marson - Senior Editor, The Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics
- Marguerite G. Rosenthal, Ph.D - Professor, School of Social Work, Salem State College, MA
- Republican Women: Feminism and Conservatism from Suffrage Through the Rise of the New Right. Catherine E. Rymph. Reviewed by Leon Ginsberg.
- Changing Lives: Delinquency Prevention as Crime Control Policy. Peter W. Greenwood. Reviewed by Matthew T. Theriot.
- Children and Youth in Adoption, Orphanages and Foster Care: A Historical Handbook and Guide. Lori Askeland (Ed.). Reviewed by Albert J. Ellett.
- Empire of Scrounge: Inside the Urban Underground of Dumpster Diving, Trash Picking, and Street Scavenging. Jeff Ferrell. Reviewed by Robert D. Leighninger, Jr.
- Black, Brown, Yellow and Left: Radical Activism in Los Angeles. Laura Pulido. Reviewed by Cheryl A. Hyde.
- White Slave Crusades: Race, Gender and Anti-vice Activism, 1887-1917. Brian Donovan. Reviewed by Leslie Leighninger.
- Taxes are a Woman's Issue: Reframing the Debate. Mimi Abramovitz and Sandra Morgen.
- Among Empires: American Ascendancy and its Predecessors. Charles S. Maier.
- Global Energy Shifts: Fostering Stability in a Turbulent Age. Bruce Podobnik.
- The Citizen's Stake: Exploring the Future of Universal Asset Policies. Will Paxton and Stuart White, with Dominic Maxwell.
- Pharmaceutical Reason: Knowledge and Value in Global Psychiatry. Andrew Lakoff.
- Differences that Matter: Social Policy and the Working Poor in the United States and Canada. Dan Zuberi.
A CALL FOR PAPERS
- Beyond the Numbers: How the Lived Experiences of Women Challenge the "Success" of Welfare Reform
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 34, No. 2 (June 2007),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 34
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol34/iss2/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.