TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INSTITUTIONS AND SAVINGS IN LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLDS - Jami Curley, Fred Ssewamala and Michael Sherraden
- RESCUING CHILDREN AND PUNISHING POOR FAMILIES: HOUSING-RELATED DECISIONS - Corey Shdaimah
- A MIXED METHODS ANALYSIS OF SOCIAL CAPITAL OF LIBERIAN REFUGEE WOMEN IN GHANA - Alice Boateng
- ETHICS WITH CHARACTER: VIRTUES AND THE ETHICAL SOCIAL WORKER - Paul Adams
- THE LIMITS OF PATERNALISM: A CASE STUDY OF WELFARE REFORM IN WISCONSIN - Thomas S. Moore and Swarnjit S. Arora
- PREGNANT AND POOR IN THE SUBURB: THE EXPERIENCES OF ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGED WOMEN OF COLOR WITH PRENATAL SERVICES IN A WEALTHY SUBURBAN COUNTY - Linda E. Francis, Candyce S. Berger, Marianne Giardini, Carolyn Steinman, and Karina Kim
- FACTORS PREDICTING RESIDENTIAL MOBILITY AMONG THE RECIPIENTS OF THE SECTION 8 HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM - Barbra Teater
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN UNEQUAL SOCIAL SAFETY NET: A CASE STUDY OF THE EMPLOYERBASED HEALTH INSURANCE (NON) SYSTEM - H. Luke Shaefer and Elizabeth D. Sammons
- The Americanization of Social Science: Intellectuals and Public Responsibility in the Postwar United States. David Paul Haney. Reviewed by Richard K. Caputo.
- People at Work: Life, Power, and Social Inclusion in the New Economy. Marjorie L. DeVault, Editor. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Research for Action: Cross-National Perspectives on Connecting Knowledge, Policy, and Practice for Children. Robert Chaskin and Jona M. Rosenfeld, Editors. Reviewed by Ann Reyes Robbins.
- The Revival of Labor Liberalism. Andrew Battista. Reviewed by Larry Nackerud.
- The Activation Dilemma: Reconciling the Fairness and Effectiveness of Minimum Income Schemes in Europe. Amilcar Moreira. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- On the Frontier of Adulthood: Theory, Research, and Public Policy. Richard A. Settersten, Frank Furstenberg Jr. and Ruben G. Rumbaut. Reviewed by Sarah Taylor.
- The Dismal Science: How Thinking like an Economist Undermines Community. Stephen A. Margin. Reviewed by Christopher R. Larrison.
- Seven Rules for Social Research. Glenn Firebaugh. Reviewed by Yasuki Motoyoma.
- Diversity, Oppression and Change. Flavio Francisco Marsiglia and Stephen Kulis. Reviewed by Qiaobing Wu.
- A People's History of Poverty in America. Stephen Pimpare. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- A Mother's Work: How Feminism, the Market and Policy Shape Family Life. Neil Gilbert. Reviewed by Cheryl Hyde.
- For the People: American Popular Movements from the Revolution to the 1850s. Ronald P. Formisano. Reviewed by James Midgley.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 36, No. 3 (September 2009),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 36
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol36/iss3/1