SPECIAL ISSUE ON PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND SOCIAL WELFARE
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIAL ISSUE - Barbara Barton, Guest Editor
- DREAMS DEFERRED: DISABILITY DEFINITIONS, DATA, MODELS, AND PERSPECTIVES - Barbara Barton, Guest Editor
- DIMENSIONS OF LOSS FROM MENTAL ILLNESS - Amy E. Z. Baker, Nicholas Procter, and Tony Gibbons
- INFLUENCES ON JOB RETENTION AMONG HOMELESS PERSONS WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE OR PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITIES - Russell K. Schutt and Norman C. Hursh
- E-THERAPY AS A MEANS FOR ADDRESSING BARRIERS TO SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TREATMENT FOR PERSONS WHO ARE DEAF - Dennis Moore, Debra Guthmann, Nikki Rogers, Susan Fraker, and Jared Embree
- CONNECTING YOUTH AND COMMUNITIES: CUSTOMIZED CAREER PLANNING FOR YOUTH WITH PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITIES - Kim Brown
- DOES THE GI BILL SUPPORT EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT FOR VETERANS WITH DISABILITIES? IMPLICATIONS FOR CURRENT VETERANS IN RESUMING CIVILIAN LIFE - Alexa Smith-Osborne
- PARENTAL COGNITIVE DISABILITIES AND CHILD PROTECTION SERVICES: THE NEED FOR HUMAN CAPACITY BUILDING - Sandra T. Azar and Kristin N. Read
- REACHING BEYOND THE "MORON": EUGENIC CONTROL OF SECONDARY DISABILITY GROUPS - Gerald V O'Brien and Meghan E. Bundy
- Human Rights and Social Justice in a Global Perspective: An Introduction to International Social Work. Susan C. Mapp. Reviewed by Jani Nairruti.
- Theory and Practice with Adolescents: An Applied Approach. Fred R. McKenzie. Reviewed by Nila Ricks.
- Autobiography and Decolonization: Modernity, Masculinity and the Nation State. Philip Holden. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Left and Right and Global Politics. Alain Noel and Jean- Philippe Th~rien. Reviewed by Josephine Chaumba.
- Men on a Mission: Valuing Youth Work in our Communities. William Mardiglio. Reviewed by Will Rainford.
- Cracks in the Pavement: Social Change and Resilience in Poor Neighborhoods. Martin Sdnchez Jankowski. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Social Security, the Economy and Development. James Midgley and Kwong Leung Tang (Eds.). Reviewed by Martin B. Tracy.
- Globalization and International Social Work: Postmodern Change and Challenge. Malcolm Payne and Gurid Aga Askeland. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Chinese Americans and the Politics of Race and Culture. Sucheng Chan and Madeline Y Hsu (Eds). Reviewed by Julian Chun-Chung Chow.
- City of Disorder: How the Quality of Life Campaign Transformed New York Politics. Alex Vitale. Reviewed by Stephen Pimpare.
- Rightward Bound: Making America Conservative in the 1970s. Bruce J. Schulman and Julian E. Zeliger. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- The Gender Impact of Social Security Reform. Estelle James, Alejandra Cox Edwards and Rebecca Wong. Reviewed by Silvia Borzutsky.
INDEX OF VOLUME XXXVI, ISSUES 1-4
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 36, No. 4 (December 2009),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 36
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol36/iss4/1