TABLE OF CONTENTS
- IMPACT OF SOCIAL CAPITAL ON EMPLOYMENT AND MARRIAGE AMONG LOW INCOME SINGLE MOTHERS - Jennifer A. Johnson, Julie A. Honnold, and Perry Threlfall
- EMERGENCY ROOM USE BY UNDOCUMENTED MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS – Ayse Akincigil, Raymond Sanchez Mayers, and Fontaine H. Fulghum
- IF NOT WELFARE, THEN WHAT? HOW SINGLE MOTHERS FINANCE COLLEGE POST WELFARE REFORM - Kristin Wilson
- HEALTH SERVICE ACCESS FOR RURAL PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS IN CHINA: A CRITICAL EVALUATION - Xiying Wang, Xiulan Zhang, Yuebin Xu, and Yurong Zhang
- FOOD STAMPS AND DEPENDENCY: DISENTANGLING THE SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF FOOD STAMP RECEIPT AND LOW INCOME FOR YOUNG MOTHERS - Thomas P. Vartanian, Linda Houser, and Joseph Harkness
- DOING A LITTLE MORE FOR THE POOR? SOCIAL ASSISTANCE IN SHANGHAI - Zhang Haomiao
- CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK AND THE BIOMEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX – Tomi Gomory, Stephen E. Wong, David Cohen, and Jeffrey R. Lacasse
- A Note from the Editors Marguerite G. Rosenthal & Jennifer R. Zelnick
- The Study of Well-being, Social Policy and the Welfare State: A Review Essay. The Oxford Handbook of the Welfare State. Francis G. Castles, Stephan Leibfried, Jane Lewis, Herbert Obinger & Christopher Pierson (Eds.). Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Poor Women in Rich Countries: The Feminization of Poverty over the Life Course. Gertrude Schaffner Goldberg (Ed.). Reviewed by Jennifer R. Zelnick.
- Child Protection Systems: International Trends and Orientations. Neil Gilbert, Nigel Parton, & Marit Skivenes, (Eds.). Reviewed by Dorinda N. Noble.
- Ill Fares the Land. Tony Judt. Reviewed by Marguerite G. Rosenthal.
- Contesting Community: The Limits and Potential of Local Organizing. James DeFilippis, Robert Fisher, & Eric Shragge. Reviewed by Nancy Giunta.
- Social Work & Restorative Justice: Skills for Dialogue, Peacemaking, and Reconciliation. Elizabeth Beck, Nancy P. Kropf & Pamela Blume Leonard (Eds.). Reviewed by Robert McAndrews.
- Politics and Partnerships: The Role of Voluntary Associations in America's Political Past and Present. Elisabeth Clemens & Doug Guthrie (Eds.). Reviewed by John G. McNutt.
- Mexican Voices of the Border Region. Laura Velasco Ortiz & Oscar E Contreras (Eds.). Reviewed by Aviva Chomsky.
INDEX OF VOLUME XXXVIII, 2011 191
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 38, No. 4 (December 2011),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 38
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol38/iss4/1