Special Issue on The Declining Significance of Race-Revisited
- EDITORS' INTRODUCTION: REVISITING WILLIAM J. WILSON'S THE DECLINING SIGNIFICANCE OF RACE - Richard K. Caputo and Luisa S. Deprez
- MOVING BEYOND DICHOTOMIES: HOW THE INTERSECTION OF RACE, CLASS AND PLACE IMPACT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION RATES FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN STUDENTS - Heather L. Storer , Joseph A. Mienko, Yu-Ling Chang, Ji Young Kang, Christina Miyawaki, and Katie Schultz
- YOUNG, JOBLESS, AND BLACK: YOUNG BLACK WOMEN AND ECONOMIC DOWNTURNS - Raine Dozier
- RACIAL ATTITUDES IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM: COOL FEELINGS IN HOT TIMES - Sarah E. Cribbs
- THE SIGNIFICANCE OF RACE FOR NEIGHBORHOOD SOCIAL COHESION: PERCEIVED DIFFICULTY OF COLLECTIVE ACTION IN MAJORITY BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS - Tara Hobson-Prater and Tamara G.J. Leech
- "WAITING FOR THE WHITE MAN TO FIX THINGS": REBUILDING BLACK POVERTY IN NEW ORLEANS - Robert L. Hawkins and Katherine Maurer
This ends the special issue contents.
- TOWARDS A PRACTICE-BASED MODEL FOR COMMUNITY PRACTICE: LINKING THEORY AND PRACTICE - Amnon Boehm and Ram A. Cnaan
- THE CRIMINALIZATION OF IMMIGRATION: VALUE CONFLICTS FOR THE SOCIAL WORK PROFESSION - Rich Furman, Alissa R. Ackerman, Melody Loya, Susanna Jones, and Nalini Negi
- Family, Kinship and State in Contemporary Europe (3 Vols.) The Century of Welfare: Eight Countries (Vol. 1). Hannes Grandits, Editor. The View from Below: Nineteen Localities (Vol. 2). Patrick Heady and Peter Schweitzer, Editors. Perspectives on Theory and Policy (Vol. 3). Patrick Heady and Martin Kohli, Editors. Reviewed by Natalia Sarkisian.
- Colonialism and Welfare: Social Policy and the British Imperial Legacy. James Midgley and David Piachaud (Eds.). Reviewed by Melinda Williams Moore.
- Homelessness, Housing, and Mental Illness: Broadening our Understanding of Wellness. Russell K. Schutt with Stephen M. Goldfinger. Reviewed by Geoffrey Nelson.
- What Every Environmentalist Needs to Know About Capitalism: A Citizen's Guide to Capitalism and the Environment. Fred Magdoff and John Bellamy Foster. Reviewed by Paul Saba.
- New Deal, New Landscape: The Civilian Conservation Corps & South Carolina's State Parks. Tara Mitchel Mielnik. Reviewed by Marguerite G. Rosenthal.
- Citizenship Social Work with Older People. Malcolm Payne. Reviewed by Edward J. Gurnz.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 39, No. 1 (March 2012),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 39
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol39/iss1/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.