Table of Contents
- PATHOLOGIES OF THE POOR: WHAT DO THE WAR ON DRUGS AND WELFARE REFORM HAVE IN COMMON? - Kalynn Amundson, Anna M. Zajicek, and Valerie H. Hunt
- GENDER DIFFERENCES IN SELF-EMPLOYMENT OF OLDER WORKERS IN THE UNITED STATES AND NEW ZEALAND - Angela L. Curl, Deanna L. Sharpe, and Jack Noone
- INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF CHILDREN IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC: A CASE OF PATH DEPENDENCY - Victoria Schmidt and Jo Daugherty Bailey
- THE FIRST FAITH-BASED MOVEMENT: THE RELIGIOUS ROOTS OF SOCIAL PROGRESSIVISM IN AMERICA (1880-1912) IN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE - Steven Stritt
- MASS SHOOTINGS AND MENTAL HEALTH POLICY - Jessica Rosenberg
- THE NEGLECT OF NETWORK THEORY IN PRACTICE WITH IMMIGRANTS IN THE SOUTHWEST - Emilia E. Martinez-Brawley and Paz M-B. Zorita
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN CHILD WELFARE: THE NEED FOR CULTURE-CENTERED COMPUTING - Richard J. Smith and Tara Eaton
- The Creation of Inequality: How Our Prehistoric Ancestors Set the Stage for Monarchy, Slavery, and Empire. Kent Flannery and Joyce Marcus. Reviewed by Kelly McKowen.
- Changing Welfare States. Anton Hemerijck. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Coming Up Short: Working-Class Adulthood in an Age of Uncertainty. Jennifer M. Silva. Reviewed by Marguerite G. Rosenthal.
- To the End of June: The Intimate Life of American Foster Care. Cris Beam. From Pariahs to Partners: How Parents and Their Allies Changed New York City’s Child Welfare System. David Tobis. Reviewed by Julie Cooper Altman.
- The Latino Threat: Constructing Immigrants, Citizens and the Nation. Leo R. Chavez. Reviewed by Catherine Carballeira.
- The Good News Club: The Christian Right’s Stealth Assault on America’s Children. Katherine Stewart. Reviewed by John E. Tropman.
- The Allure of Order: High Hopes, Dashed Expectations, and the Troubled Quest to Remake American Schooling. Jal Mehta. Reviewed by Eva Gold.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 41, No. 1 (March 2014),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 41:
1, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol41/iss1/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.