The Impact of In-Class Worksheets on Student Learning
Student engagement and knowledge retention are common challenges in college classes, especially in STEM fields. To improve these items, I strive to use active learning techniques to
- encourage students to succeed and help them reach their full potential by engaging them with the material presented.
- increase student’s interest in the subject matter
- create an interactive classroom environment with a sense of community where the students participate in activities that require them to think about and comment on the material presented.
- facilitate independent, critical and creative thinking
- increase student success rates
The purpose of this project is to determine whether the implementation of active learning techniques, such as effectively designed in-class worksheets, will result in an improvement in student performance.
WMU ScholarWorks Citation
Hernandez, Daniela, "The Impact of In-Class Worksheets on Student Learning" (2019). STEM Instructional Graduate Teaching Assistant Posters. 5.