- Rising Stars in Research: WMU’s talented researchers generate bold ideas and real-world solutions that address some of society’s most critical needs.
- Algorithms for Life: Computational scientist’s work could advance personalized medicine
- An ‘Exciting World of Discovery:’ Biologist revels in regeneration research and student researchers
- Demystifying the Universe: Physicist explores novel ideas about nuclear dynamics
- An Eye for Regeneration: Developed at WMU, technique aids study of a flatworm’s special ability
- From Soldier to Scientist: Wounded veteran-turned-researcher pursues the Holy Grail of neuroscience—how to regenerate damaged brain cells
- Engineered for Brain Science: One graduate’s atypical path to studying the body’s ‘final frontier’
- Innovative by Design: Student leaders spur innovation, enterprise and ‘design thinking’
- A Virtual World for Flight: Aviation profs explore next-gen learning tools for next-gen pilots
- A Bandage So ‘Smart’ it Communicates: But that’s not all. It also medicates on demand.
- Safe Sleep. Safer Babies. Med school associate dean seeks to improve safe sleep education
- A Boost to Keep Succeeding: Alliance among research universities unleashes student talent
- University News
- In Print
- Expert Insights
- Alumni Profile
WMU ScholarWorks Citation
Western Michigan University, "Western Michigan University Magazine, Research Issue 2017" (2017). Western Michigan University Magazine (1997-present). 52.