- Bronco Entrepreneurs: How They Pivoted and Profited In this special edition, alumni entrepreneurs reveal how they started their businesses and made key pivots to keep their entrepreneurial aspirations alive and thriving. For some, their most meaningful pivot was leaving a job and mustering the courage to launch an enterprise of their own making.
- No Stopping Her When Karen Behnke has a business idea, watch her rise.
- Student Startups and What’s Trending They’re still students, but they’re starting something. WMU advances emerging enterprisers.
- The Bot Builders Gurdeep Singh and Jas Kaur married business sense with robot building know-how.
- Musician, Fundraiser, Candlestick Maker Adam McFarlin discovered ‘the why’ behind his passions and went to work.
- From #corporatedropout to #selfsustainingCEO Jereshia Hawk left a corporate job to lift others.
- Reading the Cannabis Leaves And Andrew Bruex’ other commercial instincts.
- Made to Move Jeff Suffolk helped get the now-ubiquitous Color Run off the ground.
- Imbibing Success Leah Caplanis’ cancer diagnosis led her to ‘eat clean’ and to create a line of health-conscious sparkling wines.
- Consumer Good Cullen Schwarz’ business bets on the world-saving potential of consumer spending.
- Your Cat’s Vintner Brandon Zavala brings new meaning to curling up with a drink.
- Alumni Profile
- In Memoriam
WMU ScholarWorks Citation
Western Michigan University, "Western Michigan University Magazine, Spring 2018" (2018). Western Michigan University Magazine (1997-present). 55.