Russian Orthodox prisoners in Koenigstein (Russian and Serbian POW's) worshiped in this ornate chapel at Koenigstein. The altar has a number of candles and a painting of Christ triumphant above it; to the left is another altar with three vessels, probably containing sacred oils, with a painting of Christ praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. There are five additional paintings which serve as panels: Christ on the cross; the Virgin Mary holding the Christ child; Christ's ascension; an archangel; and a saint. A painting of the Lord's Supper is positioned above the panels.
Germany, Koenigstein, Religion, Church, Art, World War 1914-1918