Bulgarian dignitaries, officers, and an Orthodox priest attend the inauguration of the YMCA building in the prison camp at Philippopolis in 1917. The building is cheerfully decorated with strings of garland and flags. Serbian POW's stand to the left and Russian prisoners to the right of the building waiting for the hall to open officially. The World's Alliance negotiated access to prison camps in Bulgaria and paid for the construction of this hut.
Bulgaria, Philippopolis, Welfare, YMCA, Hut, Serbian POWs, Russian POWs, Bulgarian Officers