This is the interior of the Roman Catholic chapel at Zwickau. The photograph shows the altar and communion rail with some French prisoners praying. The Madonna and Child statue to the left of the altar and the fleur-de-lys pattern on the altar cloth indicate the church was used for Catholic masses. The church is relatively ornate with several pictures and a banner in the corner.
Germany, Zwickau, Religion, Church, French POWs, World War 1914-1918