Date of Defense
The purpose of this study is to understand the Guardian Angels, how they operate, and what being a Guardian Angel means to its members. This paper traces the evolutionary developing of the group, both in New York where it originated, and in Detroit. It is divided into five main sections: methodology, introduction, the Detroit experience, analysis of interviews, and the conclusion. The study focused on the following questions:
- what attracts members to the group?
- what satisfactions are derived from participation?
- what crimes have been observed on patrol?
- where the groups patrol and why?
- how can the Detroit chapter be improved?
Rybicki, John, "The Guardian Angels" (1983). Honors Theses. 474.
Honors Thesis-Campus Only