- Poverty amidst affluence: Britain and the United States, Vic George and Irving Howards, Aldershot,England, Edward Elgar Publishers, 1991, Reviewed by James Midgley
- Separate societies: Poverty and inequality in American cities. William W. Goldsmith and Edward J. Blakely,Philadelphia, Temple University Press, 1992, Reviewed by James Midgley
- The new politics of poverty: The non-working poor in America Lawrence M. Mead, New York, Basic Books, 1992, Reviewed by James Midgley
- The End of Equality. Mickey Kaus. New York: Basic Books, 1992, Reviewed by David Stoesz
- The Moral Construction of Poverty: Welfare Reform in America. Joel F. handler and Yeheskel HasenfeldNewbury Park: Sage Publications, 1991, Reviewed by Howard Jacob Karger
- The Dispossessed: American Underclasses from the Civil War to the Present. Jacqueline Jones, New York: Basic Books, 1992, Reviewed by Henry J. D'Souza. 213
- Poor Women and Their Families: Hard Working Charity Cases. Beverly Stadum, Albany, New York, State University of New York Press, 1992, Reviewed by Leslie Leighninger
- From Middle Income to Poor: Downward mobility Among Displaced Steelworkers. Allisojn Zippay, New York, Praeger, 1992, Reviewed by Joel Blau
Midgley, James; Stoesz, David; Karger, Howard Jacob; D'Souza, Henry J.; Leighninger, Leslie; and Blau, Joel
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 20:
1, Article 13.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol20/iss1/13
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.