SPECIAL ISSUE ON THE LEGACY OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN LEADERSHIP IN SOCIAL WELFARE
Edited by Iris Carlton-LaNey
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INTRODUCTION: THE LEGACY OF AFRICANAMERICAN LEADERSHIP IN SOCIAL WELFARE - Iris Carlton-LaNey
- "GENTLE STUDENT BEND THINE EAR TO MY SPEECH:" AN ESSAY ABOUT SOJOURNER TRUTH, ABOLITIONIST AND FEMINIST - Laura Budd Somerville
- WILLIAM STILL, A PIONEER AFRICAN AMERICAN SOCIAL WORKER 1821-1902 - Audreye E. Johnson
- TRAINING AFRICAN-AMERICAN SOCIAL WORKERS THROUGH THE NUL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM - Iris Carlton-LaNey
- NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC WELFARE INSTITUTES FOR NEGROES 1926-1940 - N. Yolanda Burwell
- THE HISTORY OF SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION FOR BLACK PEOPLE, 1900-1930 - Robenia Baker Gary and Lawrence E. Gary
- SOCIAL WORK SERVICES AND SOCIAL WORK TRAINING FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS IN PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA 1900-1930 - Tawana Ford Sabbath
- "ALMOST A PARTNERSHIP:" AFRICAN-AMERICANS, SEGREGATION, AND THE YOUNG MEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION - Susan Kerr Chandler
- A BLACK COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MODEL: THE UNIVERSAL NEGRO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION AND AFRICAN COMMUNITIES LEAGUE 1917-1940 - Aminifu R. Harvey
- INTERORGANIZATIONAL LINKAGES: SOCIAL WORKERS AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NAACP - Linda S. Moore
- EFFECTIVELY TEACHING AFRICAN-AMERICAN SOCIAL WELFARE: HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT - Wilma Peebles-Wilkins
- Reconstructing the American Welfare State. David Stoesz and Howard J. Karger. Reviewed by Leon Ginsberg, University of South Carolina.
- Reinventing Government: How the Entrepreneurial Spirit is Transforming the Public Sector. David Osborne and Ted Gaebler. Reviewed by Mark Lusk, Boise State University.
- Rethinking Citizenship: Welfare, Ideology and Change in Modern Society. Maurice Roche. Reviewed by James Midgley, Louisiana State University.
- Citizenship and Employment: Investigating Post-Industrial Options. Jocelyn Pixley. Reviewed by James Midgley, Louisiana State University.
- Human Rights and Social Policy in the Twenty First Century. Joseph M. Wronka. Reviewed by Roland Meinert, Southwest Missouri State University.
- Protecting Soldiers and Mothers: The Political Origins of Social Policy in the United States. Theda Skocpol. Reviewed by James Midgley, Louisiana State University. Declining Fortunes: The Withering of the American Dream. Katherine S. Newman. Reviewed by David Stoesz, San Diego State University.
- The Welfare State Crisis and the Transformation of Social Service Work. Michael B. Fabricant and Steve Burghardt.
- Social Work Macro Practice. F. Ellen Netting, Peter M. Kettner and Steven L. McMurtry.
- Rethinking Social Policy: Race, Poverty and the Underclass. Christopher Jencks.
- Support for the American Welfare State. Fay Lomoax Cook and Edith J. Barrett.
- Structural Social Work: Ideology, Theory and Practice. Robert Mullaly.
- Welfare System Reform: Coordinating Federal, State and Local Public Assistance Programs. Edward J. Jennings Jr. and Neal S. Zank (Eds).
- Human Services in Contemporary America. Paul Scmolling Jr., Merrill Youkeles and William R. Burger.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 21, No. 1 (March 1994),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 21:
1, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol21/iss1/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.