TABLE OF CONTENTS
SPECIAL ISSUE ON SOCIAL WORK WITH MINORITY AND ETHNIC GROUPS
Guest Editor - Efriede G. Schlesinger
- INTRODUCTION - Elfriede G. Schlesinger
- ROLE OF SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN A MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY - K. R. Ramakrishna and Pallassana R. Balgopal
- ETHNIC SENSITIVE SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE: THE STATE OF THE ART - Elfriede G. Schlesinger and Wynetta Devore
- CULTURAL VALUES AND MINORITY PEOPLE OF COLOR - Doman Lum
- IS THE "UNDERCLASS" REALLY A CLASS? - E. Walton Zelly, Jr.
- NATIVE AMERICAN CHILDREN: FULFILLING THE PROMISE OF THE INDIAN CHILD WELFARE ACT - Anthony McMahon and Ernest N. Gullerud
- TRIPARTITE CULTURAL PERSONALITY AND ETHCLASS ASSESSMENT - Ken Huang
- ETHNIC IDENTITY, INTERGROUP RELATIONS AND WELFARE POLICY IN THE CANADIAN CONTEXT: A COMPARATIVE DISCOURSE ANALYSIS - Adrienne S. Chambon and Donald F. Bellamy
- ETHNIC AND MINORITY GROUPS IN ISRAEL: CHALLENGES FOR SOCIAL WORK THEORY, VALUES AND PRACTICE - Eliezer D. Jaffe
- RESPONSES TO AGING IN GREAT BRITAIN: THE BLACK EXPERIENCE - Wynetta Devore
- The Velvet Glove: Paternalism and Conflict in Gender, Class and Race Relations. Mary R. Jackman. Reviewed by Doreen Elliot, University of Texas at Arlington.
- Motherhood and Modernity. Christine Everingham. Reviewed by Michelle Livermore, Louisiana State University. Feminism and the Politics of Difference. Sneja Gunew and Anna Yeatman. Reviewed by Martin Bombyle, Fordham University.
- Tell Them Who I Am: The Lives of Homeless Women. Elliot Liebow. Reviewed by Cheryl Hyde, Boston
- Natural Allies: Women's Associations in American History. Anne Firor Scott. Reviewed by Leslie Leighninger, Louisiana State University.
- The Man Question: Visions of Subjectivity in the Feminist Theory. Kathy E. Ferguson. Reviewed by Janice Wood Wetzel, Adelphi University.
- Loving to Survive: Sexual Terror and Women's Lives. Dee L. Graham with Edna I. Rawlings and Roberta K. Rigsby.
- Painful Inheritance: Health and the New Generation of Fatherless Families. Ronald J. Angel and Jacqueline L. Angel.
- The Women's Movement: History and Theory. J.G.M. de Bruijn, L.D. Derksen and C.M.J. Hoberichts.
- Mother-Work: Women, Child Welfare and the State, 1890-1930. Molly Ladd-Taylor.
- Women Battering as Marital Act: The Construction of a Violent Marriage. Margaret Hyden.
- Companeras: Latina Lesbians. Juanita Ramos.
- Women Who Hurt Themselves. Dusty Miller.
- Lives on the Edge: Single Mothers and their Children in the Other America. Valerie Polakow.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 22, No. 1 (March 1995),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 22:
1, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol22/iss1/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.