TABLE OF CONTENTS
- THREE DISCOURSES ON PRACTICE: A POSTMODERN RE-APPRAISAL - Peter Leonard
- POVERTY, FAMILY SUPPORT, AND WELL-BEING OF INFANTS: MEXICAN IMMIGRANT WOMEN AND CHILDBEARING - Margaret Sherrard Sherraden and Rossana E. Barrera
- SPEAK OF THE DEVIL: RHETORIC IN CLAIMS-MAKING ABOUT THE SATANIC RITUAL ABUSE PROBLEM - Mary deYoung
- FACTORS IN LENGTH OF FOSTER CARE: WORKER ACTIVITIES AND PARENT-CHILD VISITATION - MaryEllen White, Eric Albers, and Christine Bitonti
- MOTHERS WITH CHILDREN AND MOTHERS ALONE: A COMPARISON OF HOMELESS FAMILIES - Jennifer E. Glick
- MANAGED COMPUTER SYSTEM CONCEPTUALIZATION: KNOWING WHEN TO SAY NO - Menachem Monnickendam
- PURCHASE OF SERVICE CONTRACTING VERSUS GOVERNMENT SERVICE DELIVERY: THE VIEWS OF STATE HUMAN SERVICE ADMINISTRATORS - Peter M. Kettner and Lawrence L. Martin
- ECOLOGICAL APPROACH IN PRACTICE: A CASE STUDY OF THE OUNCE OF PREVENTION FUND - Marilyn Fernandez and Laura Nichols
- Incapacitation: Penal Confinement and the Restraint of Crime. Franklin E. Zimring and Gordon Hawkins. Reviewed by William G. Archambeault, Louisiana State University.
- The Prostitution of Sexuality. Kathleen Barry. Reviewed by Beth Cagan, Cleveland State University.
- Individual Voices, Collective Visions: Fify Years of Women in Sociology. Ann Goetting and Sarah Fenstermaker (Eds). Reviewed by Karen E. Campbell, Vanderbilt University.
- The Bell Curve Wars: Race, Intelligence and the Future of America. Steven Fraser (Ed.) Reviewed by David Stoesz, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Politics and the Class Divide: Working People and the Middle Class Left. David Croteau. and The New Middle Classes: Life Styles,. Status Claims and Political Orientations. Arthur J. Vidich (Ed.) Both books reviewed by Charles M. Tolbert, Louisiana State University
- The Neutered Mother, the Sexual Family. Martha Albertson Fineman. Reviewed by Janice Wood Wetzel, Adelphi University.
- Rebuilding the Inner City: A History of Neighborhod Initiatives to Address Poverty in the United States. Robert Halpern.
- Crime and Inequality. John Hagen and Ruth Patterson (Eds).
- Rights and the Common Good: The Communitarian Perspective. Amitai Etzioni.
- A Second Chicago School: The Development of a Postwar American Sociology. Gary Alan Fine (Ed.).
- The Economics of Aging. James H. Schultz.
- Race and Ethnicity in America: Meeting the Challenge in the 21st Century. Gail E. Thomas (Ed.).
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 23, No. 2 (June 1996),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 23
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol23/iss2/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.