SPECIAL ISSUE: BEYOND THE NUMBERS: HOW THE LIVED EXPERIENCES OF WOMEN CHALLENGE THE "SUCCESS" OF WELFARE REFORM
- INTRODUCTION - Mary Gatta and Luisa S. Deprez
- WOMEN'S LIVES AND POVERTY: DEVELOPING A FRAMEWORK OF REAL REFORM FOR WELFARE - Mary Gatta and Luisa S. Deprez
- LONG-TERM TANF PARTICIPANTS AND BARRIERS TO EMPLOYMENT: A QUALITATIVE STUDY IN MAINE - Sandra S. Butler, Janine Corbett, Crystal Bond and Chris Hastedt
- DROPPED FROM THE ROLLS: MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS, RACE, AND RIGHTS IN THE ERA OF WELFARE REFORM - Alejandra Marchevsky and Jeanne Theoharis
- WELFARE AND FAMILY ECONOMIC SECURITY: TOWARD A PLACE-BASED POVERTY KNOWLEDGE - Deborah A. Harris and Domenico Parisi
- TRACKING THE TRANSITION FROM WELFARE TO WORK - Cynthia Needles Fletcher, Mary Winter, and An-Ti Shih
- THE UNTOLD STORY OF WELFARE FRAUD - Richelle S. Swan, Linda L. Shaw, Sharon Cullity, Joni Halpern, Juliana Humphrey, Wendy M. Limbert, and Mary Roche
- LOST IN APPALACHIA: THE UNEXPECTED IMPACT OF WELFARE REFORM ON OLDER WOMEN IN RURAL COMMUNITIES - Debra A. Henderson and Ann R. Tickamyer
- "IT'S ALL ONE BIG CIRCLE": WELFARE DISCOURSE AND THE EVERYDAY LIVES OF URBAN ADOLESCENTS - Staci T. Lowe
- Gangs in the Global City: Alternatives to Traditional Criminology. John M. Hagedorn, Editor. Reviewed by Matthew T. Theriot.
- Civic Engagement; Social Science and Progressive Era Reform in New York City. John Louis Recchiuti. Reviewed by John M. Herrick.
- Sociology in America: A History. Craig Calhoun, Editor. Reviewed by Richard Caputo.
- Civic Service Worldwide: Impacts and Inquiry. Amanda Moore McBride & Michael W. Sherraden, Editors. Reviewed by Barbara J. Robles.
- Citizenship and Those Who Leave: The Politics of Emigration and Expatriation. Nancy L. Green and Francois Weil, Editors. Reviewed by Miriam Potocky.
- Ask & Tell: Gay & Lesbian Veterans Speak Out. Steve Estes. Reviewed by John F. Longres.
- Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration. Clayton J. Mosher and Scott M. Akins. Reviewed by Sean R. Hogan.
- The Promise of Welfare Reform. Keith M. Kilty and Elizabeth Segal.
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment: Models, Metaphors, and Maps for Applying Theoretical Perspectives to Practice. James Forte.
- Understanding Social Inequality. Tim Butler and Paul Watt.
- Tearing Down the Gates: Confronting the Class Divide in American Education. Peter Sacks.
- The First Year Out: Understanding American Teens After High School. Tim Clydesdale.
- America Transformed: Globalization, Inequality and Power. Gary Hytrek and Kristine M. Zentgraf.
- Blame Welfare, Ignore Poverty and Inequality. Joel F. Handler and Yeheskel Hasenfeld.
- Social Security between Past and Future: Ambonese Networks of Care and Support. Franz von Benda Beckmann and Kebeet von Benda-Beckmann.
- The Europeanization of Social Protection. Jon Kvist and Juho Saari, Editors.
- Busier Than Ever: Why American Families Can't Slow Down. Charles N. Darrah, James M. Freeman and J. A. English-Leuck.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 35, No. 3 (September 2008),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 35
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol35/iss3/1