TABLE OF CONTENTS
- PREVALENCE AND CORRELATES OF ADOLESCENT DATING VIOLENCE IN BANGKOK, THAILAND - Penchan Pradubmook-Sherer
- CHILD CARE DEVELOPMENT FUND: A POLICY ANALYSIS - Colleen K. Vesely and Elaine A. Anderson
- PARENTAL ASSETS: A PATHWAY TO POSITIVE CHILD EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES - Michal Grins tein-Weiss, Yeong Hun Yeo, Kate Irish, and Min Zhan
- PROMOTING POSITIVE OUTCOMES FOR HEALTHY YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: UTILIZING SOCIAL CAPITAL THEORY - Julie Anne Laser and George Stuart Leibowitz
- THE FAILURES OF AMERICAN POVERTY MEASURES - Stephen Pimpare
- STRUCTURATION THEORY AND CRITICAL CONSCIOUSNESS: POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE - Jennifer Wheeler-Brooks
- WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD: DOES WHERE YOU LIVE AFFECT THE USE OF NUTRITION, HEALTH, AND WELFARE PROGRAMS? - Molly De Marco and Allison C. De Marco
- TESTING THE RELATIONSHIP OF FORMAL BONDING, INFORMAL BONDING, AND FORMAL BRIDGING SOCIAL CAPITAL ON KEY OUTCOMES FOR FAMILIES IN LOW-INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS - Daniel Brisson
- The Political Sociology of the Welfare State: Institutions, Social Cleavages and Orientation. Stefan Svallfors, Editor. Reviewed by Richard J. Smith.
- Differential Diagnosis: A Comparative History of Health Care Problems and Solutions in the United States and France. Paul V. Dutton. Reviewed by Krista Drescher Burke.
- The Battle for Welfare Rights: Politics and Poverty in Modern America. Felicia Kornbluh. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Why America Lost the War on Poverty-And How to Win It. Frank Stricker. Reviewed by Mary Ager Caplan.
- The Origins of the Welfare State: Women, Work, and the French Revolution. Lisa DiCaprio. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Challenges of an Aging Society; Ethical Dilemmas, Political Issues. Rachel A. Pruchno and Michael Smyer, Editors. Reviewed by Erica Yoonkyung Auh.
- The Other Invisible Hand: Delivery Public Services through Choice and Competition. Julian Le Grand. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Grassroots Struggles for Sustainability in Central America. Lynn R. Horton. Reviewed by Ian W. Holloway.
- Mexican Immigration to the United States. George J. Borjas, Editor. Reviewed by Michelle Johnson.
- The Sandbox Investment: The Preschool Movement and Kids-First Politics. David L. Kirp. Reviewed by James Midgley.
- Blue-Chip Black: Race, Class, and Status in the New Black Middle Class. Karyn R. Lacy. Reviewed by Paul G. Wright.
- The Great American Crime Decline. Franklin E. Zimring. Reviewed by Matthew T. Theriot.
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 36, No. 1 (March 2009),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 36
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol36/iss1/1
You may need to log in to your campus proxy before being granted access to the full-text above.