- Editorial - pp i
- A Political Economy Critique of the American Welfare State - GERBEN DeJONG - 1
- Social Control or Social Wage: On the Political Economy of the "Welfare State." - PAUL ADAMS - 46
- The "Casework Notebook": An Analysis of Its Content - LESLIE B. ALEXANDER & PHILIP LICHTENBERG - 55
- The Measurement of Personal Influence in Organization and Community - ROGER A. LOHMANN - 66
- Receiving Help: Management Strategies of the Handicapped - NANCY A. BROOKS - 91
- The MSW and the MPA: Confrontation of the Two Professions in Public Welfare - THOMAS H. WALZ & HARRY J. MACY - 100
- Parity, Family Size Preference and the "Value Stretch" - VIRGINIA ALDIGE HIDAY & STEVEN POLGAR - 118
- The Guns or Butter Issue: Trends in American Public Opinion, 1935 – 1976 - DARREL MONTERO - 135
"Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare Vol. 5, No. 1 (January 1978),"
The Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare: Vol. 5
, Article 1.
Available at: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol5/iss1/1