Date of Award
Master of Arts
Dr. E. L. Marietta
Dr. O. B. Middleton
Dr. E. Halvas
Masters Thesis-Open Access
This paper develops a guide for improved techniques in preparing office procedures primarily by enumerating the concepts of various authors pertaining to facets of a procedures manual. Examples are given illustrating the most common layouts which can be used effectively for a procedures manual, and explains when each layout may be the best method for a particular class of document or manual.
The paper also describes how to:
1. Develop a manuals program concept.
2. Plan the procedures manual.
3. Develop the contents.
4. Develop a document numbering system.
5. Write the procedures.
6. Use illustrations.
7. Use indexing for information retrieval.
8. Reproduce and distribute procedures manuals.
9. Manage, maintain and control procedures manuals.
Fisher, George, "A Guide for Preparing Office Procedures Manuals" (1977). Masters Theses. 2236.