A Study of Cholesterol and Lecithin Blood Levels in Rh Sensitized Women Treated with Rh Hapten
Date of Award
Master of Arts
Dr. Bettina B. Carter
Dr. William VanDeventer
Masters Thesis-Open Access
The Problem And Its Background
Perhaps one of the most popular subjects, and a subject which has been discussed a great deal by the layman is that of Rh and Rh incompatibilities.
Landsteiner1 discovered the Rh property of human blood by means of immune sera prepared with the blood of rhesus monkeys. He was assisted in this work by Wiener2, who states that the Rh property was found to be present in about 85% of white individuals, and independent of the blood groups and M-N type. It is these individuals who are referred to as Rh positive, the remaining 15% being Rh negative.
Lewis, Franklyn, "A Study of Cholesterol and Lecithin Blood Levels in Rh Sensitized Women Treated with Rh Hapten" (1957). Masters Theses. 4658.