- Philosophy of Reading Horizons
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and ScholarWorks at WMU
Philosophy of Reading Horizons
For more information, please see Reading Horizons Aims and Scope page.
General Submission Rules
Submitted manuscripts cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Reading Horizons, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Reading Horizons. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Reading Horizons, please contact the editors.
Reading Horizons has rules about the formatting of manuscripts upon submission. See Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. Although Bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
Rights for Authors and ScholarWorks at WMU
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the manuscript, the authors assign to ScholarWorks at WMU copyright of the manuscript, subject to the expansive personal-use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of ScholarWorks at WMU, requires credit to ScholarWorks at WMU as copyright holder (e.g., ScholarWorks at WMU © 2018).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from ScholarWorks at WMU provided the author does not alter the format or content of the manuscript, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the manuscript on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the manuscript stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the manuscript on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the manuscript on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the manuscript on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the ScholarWorks at WMU website and/or software agree not to misuse the ScholarWorks at WMU service or software in any way.
The failure of ScholarWorks at WMU to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between ScholarWorks at WMU and the Author(s) regarding submission of the manuscript.